Monday, August 29, 2011

It is that time of year again

From August 25th through the month of September, is time of reflection and real struggle for me. I have talked here before about dates and anniversaries of events and remembering birthdays of those who have died. I know that many of you feel strongly that this is not healthy, but I need to remember these dates. And I get up in the wee hours of the morning to learn that I have been invited to have the items I want from my friend Anna's sewing room as her family prepares to tackle that project, one that I know is daunting for them. So, I sit here in the wee hours reflecting and weeping, just a wee bit. But I do need this. I NEED to remember. I need to remember both the lives of these people I no longer get to have in my life and I need to remember the things I learned, and continue to learn, through their deaths. I am grateful for the continued opportunity to heal and hopefully grow. So...those of you who must deal with me in person, I am sorry. It is that time of year again and I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment