Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I think that this will be random....

First of all, I am thinking about the power of words. Recently I sent a message to a very small and select group of people on Facebook. I got a reply from one of these folks. The answer was this "thank you!" No need to explain why, but this response brought on tears, the good kind. It struck me as I pondered on this, just how many time just two or three words have changed my life. "I love you", "I do", "They are gone", "It was Emily", "I'm back", "I'm leaving"...I could go on all day, we all have these moments in our lives when we will never be the same, all because of a small utterance. I love words and I love the power that they have in my life. I love being transformed by them. I love language and I am grateful that I have been allowed to make words and language so much of my life's work. It will now be my continued prayer that I will be able to use words to bring on feelings of empowerment and joy to others.

Speaking of words, Pastor Mona's prayer that was posted on Facebook this morning had a line in it that brought me to my knees, literally. "I don't need to try and control what You can perfect." WHOA!! That is all that I have been trying to do of late, it seems. Trying to control things, especially people, that only God can change or perfect. This was a beautiful reminder that I need to step back and see everything and everyone the way that God sees them. And I need to remember who I want to ask to be in control. For I know that He will only control what I ask of him...but I must ask. Think I better go and have a discussion about that with Him right now before my day goes much further. Thanks Mona for giving me perspective with wonderful words to start my day.

Now...let's all go forward and use our words carefully and wisely today and thus empower ourselves and others!

No comments:

Post a Comment