Thursday, July 1, 2010

I love padded biking shorts and I hate teenagers.

Okay, I don't really hate teenagers. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love them. But I did get royally angry at a few of them today. I went for my bike ride this morning. Alone, this time. Had to try out the new padded shorts. I love them. Don't take the soreness away completely, but the shorts, coupled with my butt getting more adapted will soon make a big difference. While riding in my newest and most fashionable attire, a couple of teenage boys came up behind me, they were jogging. They had some things to say about my appearance. I chose not to reply, just kept my dignity and kept pedaling, totally ignoring them. Okay, that is not the entire truth. I was working my way up a good sized hill and there was really no breath for a reply. But they did not need to know that. Let them think that I was just not choosing to dignify their crap with a response. Just prior to seeing the boys, my dorky teenaged daughter came driving by on her way home from swim practice. She had to honk and startle me and make a few snide remarks of her own. Stupid teenagers.

As I was riding, I passed a dead and bloating Ebert squirrel on the side of the road. It just broke my heart. I wish that those stupid fox squirrels were not so wily. They almost never get hit, and my little blackies get hit all the time. Makes me crazy.

I am running on very little sleep. But I am very much okay with this. I spent the night in studying and pondering and prayer and came away very empowered. About 5 when I am sitting at the first All-Star game, it will likely hit me and I will want to curl up on the bleachers and sleep right there. But, since I snore, especially with these allergies, that would be unwise. I came away from this flurry of study with a LOT of gratitude for my closest friends and especially for my God and being raised in such a way that I have the beginnings of a knowledge and even a relationship with Him. I also came away from this with a deeper appreciation of the Plan, the Atonement, charity and repentance and forgiveness. I love the peace that comes after a night of wrestling with oneself. That moment when you finally find humility enough to tell the Lord what He has been waiting to hear and He embraces you is what makes life worth living.

2 comments:

  1. And here's your atonement lesson for today: while the Savior was quasi-mortal, ignorant and evil people mocked him and he chose not to reply except in the case of Herod, that we know of. And even his closest friends and family, who loved him, didn't understand the pain he was going through, though they were still his allies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point! Wish I could say that this is why Id did not reply, but you know me better than that. I don't want to do any of this alone. I am again so grateful that He did, so that I don't have to.

    ReplyDelete