Monday, July 5, 2010

Friends, neighbors, food, baseball and 4H!

We had a very full day. I woke up early and spent time with my brother-in-law, Mark. We worked on the family website and I wrote the first blog entry for the site. It was a good morning. We went for a drive and had a good talk. I appreciate his time with us.

After breakfast, Mark left and it was time for the Egbert family tradition for Fourth of July. Yes, we shaved the pigs. And this was by far the best group of pigs that we have ever worked with. The barrow even layed down for us! Malachi did get hit hard on the head when Kodren's gilt climbed out of the pig holder and the entire thing flipped. But it was really not bad at all.

Then Terry and Aileen Smith and their daughter, Amy Todd and her baby, RYA came over! Yeah!! The neighbors who live below us also came up. Karl had to use the tractor during all of the morning activities due to the amazing rain storms that hit last night. Totally washed out our road and our neighbors, so Karl did some major moving of dirt. He wore his shorts and TOTALLY burned his knees while working on the tractor. He is sore tonight.

But we barbequed and at and hung out and told stories and it was great. Karl and Kodren had to leave at 5 for baseball and Michayla and Malachi left at 6 for the last 4H meeting of the year. Aileen and Amy and I logged into Amy's account and watched four episodes of season two of Glee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is killing all of my girls that I have not seen any episodes this season. But now I am catching up. I am sorely tempted to stay up all night and watch the rest, but I will sign off now and get some rest. See my FB wall for photos of Rya eating corn on the cob. It is priceless. Maybe I will post a couple more here tomorrow. I was laying on the floor, eating with her, and I took tons of photos!

The blog post that I wrote for the family site told the story of my father in law and a huge battle in the Korean War. It was a nice reminder of how grateful I need to be for my freedoms and my opportunites. I love this nation. I love my neighbors. I love my family. I love my friendss. I am unbelievably blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment