Thursday, July 22, 2010

Connections...continued...

I had a great day. I got to "talk" to a number of people who mean so much to me. In these discussions, I got challenged a bit and that was the great part. Yesterday, I wrote about needing to understand the correct balance to know how much I give to the people that I love without paying too big a price. Today I understand. I must remember that there are so many people in my life who do ask for my help but in helping them I gain as much as I give. So, I can maintain the best balance by using the spirit to best understand who God would have me help, because when I am helping those who God has guided me to, then I will certain to be balanced. WHEW!! Thanks to Karena and Corina and Darleen and Brian and Tam and Shane and Hailey and Linda and Michayla and Malachi and Kodren and Seviah...and even Frick and Frack...Sometimes it is stunning how blessed I am!!

I also discovered a sweet poetry site and submitted my first poem. A haiku. Most people seem not to care for haiku, but I think it is rapidly becoming one of my favorite venues. Using so few words causes one to really make the most of each word and that is a terrific brain exercise. My profile address is: www.allpoetry.com/Bookbabe in case anyone is interested. If you should happen to join up then please let me know your site name and I will read what you submit. I love reading other people's poetry.

Another night at home, me and the girls and the boys are spending the night down at the warehouse. It is great that the business is doing so well, but kind of a bummer that Karl feels the need to sleep away to stay ahead of the game. Malachi and Kodren have had a good time finding adventures out behind the warehouse. They are such great boys. I know that they (we) get teased at our lack of video or computer games, but I do love watching the very real adventures that my boys find, every day of their lives. Nowk, the girls and I are watching spooky shows. This likely means that I will not be sleeping alone tonight. But I am in an uber study mode so I would likely not sleep anyway...too much to read and study to waste on sleeping!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the poetry site. I love it and I've started seeing life in terms of words and pictures. It will take practice and I'll get hammered by some for being so frickin' touchy feely, But that's ok. I know how to kill without leaving marks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. NEVER apologize for being so frickin' touchy feely. Anyone who knows you, really knows you, knows the truth. Karl and I have "discussed" for years how I see in words and he sees in pictures. I have come to accept that there are no rights and wrongs in this.

    ReplyDelete