Sunday, July 4, 2010

Changes

I am old. I never thought that I would say this, but today, I do not like change. And the older I get, the more change keeps coming at me. Today I learned of a number of things in my life that are going to change, drastically. I once loved and embraced change and even facilitated it. I am not certain why I am struggling so with this latest set of new opportunities. I am hoping that I am just tired (three nights this week, I never went to bed, including last night) and that tomorrow I will be bouncing again and relishing what lies ahead.

Helped to host the goodbye open house for our great friends, the Arnolds, this afternoon. My kids are in such deep mourning, and so are Karl and I. They will be friends forever, I know this, and yet, not having them right there will be a killer. Sigh. Icky change. They are one of three families preparing to move out of our church family, and I am struggling to say goodbye to each of these brothers and sisters.

Taught the youth today about David's fall. I hate this story and I hate this lesson, but there is much of value to be learned from David's mistakes. It went well but I will be very glad to move onto dear Solomon and Job and Esther and so many other great friends in the Old Testament. I am so grateful for those scripture friends. Sometimes, especially at this time in my life, they are more real that most everyone else around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment