Sunday, August 29, 2010

Still in Orlando

Only tonight and one more night here in Florida and then we must return to the real world. I don't wanna! I really do love the humidity, despite my incredibly scary hair and the laid back, Southern attitude and Disney, I just love Disney.

The last couple of days have been good. Yesterday was especially fun. We split up and had a boys' day and a girls' day. This meant that we girls could move at a snail's pace and do some shopping and we could also see some princes and princesses, which we did. We had an especially good time in the line, waiting to meet Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen. Seviah's favorite princess is Cinderella, so we saw she and Belle (my favorite princess) and Princess Aurora first, but then we really needed to see Tiana, as this is Michayla's favorite princess. We were the last family in line before they closed it off and we were so happy. But that meant a 45 minute wait, in the heat. Just a side note on the heat. It does not bother me, but some members of my family are really affected by it. I actually love it, well...except for what it does to my hair. Anyway, as we stood thing this line, we were drawn to the adorable little girls who were in the family just ahead of us. They were obviously adopted as the parents were both blond and so were the two teenaged boys, but the two little girls were African-American. One of the boys turned around and had a Utah Utes shirt on and that gave me an opening and I went for it and congratulated him on NOT wearing a BYU shirt. That got the ball rolling and we were instant friends! We learned that this family is LDS and moved to Florida a year ago from Utah. They are loving Florida, although it has been eye opening for them to be in the mission field. Making new friends is the best way to pass time and before we knew it we had made it to the front of the line and our new friends were ready to meet Tiana and Naveen. That is when the older of their two little girls, Hailey, totally freaked out. She did not cry, but she would have nothing to do with the princess or the prince, especially the prince. He kept trying to get her to come to him and finally, opened his arms and said, "Give me a kiss." There is no way to describe the unearthly scream that issued forth from the throat of our little friend. But it scared the crap out of poor Naveen and sent me into peals of loud laughter...again with my laughter problem. That was enough for our new friends, the parents of little Hailey were mortified and they gave us quick hugs and scurried away. So, when Seviah approached the two characters with her arms outstretched, ready to embrace them, Tiana quipped, "She is not screaming or running or drooling or crying, I like her!" This made Seviah's day, she told the story of this to whoever would listen for the rest of the day. Of course, we had photos taken with Michayla and myself as well, since we were there...Good times!

We also met a number of new interns who have all been on their jobs now for about a week. They are all so excited and love talking to Michayla about what is happening to them. It is making her all the more hungry for the opportunity. Please, anyone who might happen to read this, please pray for her. She really needs this.

We met up with the boys at EPCOT to watch the Illuminations show, in the rain. Yes, we have seen a great deal of rain on this trip. But I don't even mind that! After the show, we did our usual stroll around the Japan pavilion waiting for the crowds to funnel out so that we could meander towards the front and watch the bridge go up and down to allow the fire barge through. We got to the bridge just prior to it lifting and struck up a conversation with the man in charge of the show. He was awesome and answered all the boys pyromaniac questions. We now know all the lowdown on the EPCOT fireworks! Then he invited us to be VIP's at Monday night's show. WOOT! So, tomorrow night (well, later tonight...) we get to sit on the boat at the dock at Mexico and watch them do the show and watch them coordinate it all with the computer board and feel the fire up close and all that good stuff. The boys are beside themselves with excitement and Karl is pretty stoked himself.

We spent today at the Animal Kingdom. Well...we got a late start, we really slept in, but that was okay. We did not get to the park until about noon. But we got to see everything we really set out to see. We saw a ton of animals on the safari and even though Everest broke down twice during the day, we finally got on. I got to do the Primeval Whirl and we got to see the fabulous Nemo show done so magically with puppets. Since it was Sunday, we mostly just walked and talked together and that was perfect. We came back early and did some swimming and I am now catching up the laundry while the others sleep.

I have a total of 9 very painful blisters on my feet and my hair gets bigger every day but I have loved this vacation. I thought I would miss being at the Old Key West resort, and part of me does, but I do love this new resort as well and I am glad that we got to experience it. I pray that when we return in January it is to visit Michayla in her new environs. Now...I am going to go back out onto the deck with a bottle of Irn-Bru and soak up some more humidity...more tomorrow...or the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment