Friday, September 30, 2011

Again...the power of words.

What do we do when those people, whose opinion means so much to us, use the things that we share with them or the things that are most dear to our hearts against us? And why do those who should most look out for our interests and cherish our hearts often choose to see only our weaknesses and never our strengths? AND WHY DO I SO OFTEN DO THESE EXACT SAME THINGS TO THOSE THAT I SHOULD BE CHERISHING? Okay, I do not use others words against them very often. Words are too precious to me. But I do, too often, choose to see the weaknesses of others instead of focusing on their strengths. I believe that this is a huge part of charity. And I want to not only be a loving person but I want to move that love to the point of charity. Karl and I have a theory on the "charity reflex" that we would like to develop. This is the ability to be in tune enough to know when we need to help others, especially to be aware enough to know when we are in a time and place to use our talents and abilities to do work that is our particular mission here on earth. Some of the best moments of my life are when I have made a connection with a friend, old or new, and learned that I was an instrument of the higher powers and I really and truly brought them just what they needed at that time in their life. Wouldn't it be grand if we could feel that, even a little bit, every day of our lives? I have done so many things to hurt the ones I love the most and I cannot change this but I can work to have fervent charity. After all, Peter promises us in 1 Peter 4:8 "And above all else have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins." Heaven knows that I have a multitude of sins to cover, so I had better get off of here and get to work.

2 comments:

  1. I often find myself pointing out the flaws in others, despite my own desire not to. I learned as a youngster to look for faults with a mirror, and not with a telescope...but I still fail at times. Good for you and Karl for making a point of it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia-
    Thanks for the spider info!! I will have to teach the kids what you taught me!

    Jamee
    xoxo

    P.S. Boyd boys may look big and tough but we know the truth...

    ReplyDelete