Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Motivation

I am working so hard right now to try and get myself in shape and get a handle on the weight monster. I Have made some progress this week and I am pleased with the progress. I was thinking about the three photos that I have posted for myself as inspiration as I work towards being healthy. They are a photo of a painting of Boudica and one of Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor in Terminator and one of Carrie-Anne Moss as Trinity in Matrix. As I was contemplating these tonight as I was on the eliptical, something struck me. Yes, I posted these photos because of the physique of these women, but I realized tonight that there is a great deal more to these choices for me. I want to be like these women (characters). I want the strength that they exhibit. There is Boudica, queen of the Iceni, revenging the rape of her daughters and fighting the Roman invasion and coming much closer to this goal than anyone ever would have believed. Then there is Sarah Connor protecting her son and the entire human race. Same thing with Trinity, with the added spiritual element and belief in prophesy and mission that she offers. As I work to improve myself, I want to do so for health, but more than that, I want to do this for empowerment and strength of purpose.

I have to say how much I appreciate great characters. In books, in movies, and in some television programs, I have found inspiration and drive. This week I have been introduced to some very real characters, in a great novel and I am so grateful tonight for the motivation that I am finding there as well. Now...enough rambling...back to work!

(See Roxanne, this post does lend itself more towards the sill side of things...)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I posted a pic of myself as the "before" me. Some day, I will post the "after" me. I just decided that I will cannot do it all at once like I want. I have to be happy with little victories. I officially hit 20 pounds lost last night. Precept upon precept, line upon line, here a little, there a little. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You posted a before picture? Where? Karl keeps pushing me to take a before picture but I have no desire to do so. It seems to defeat my purpose or something. I don't know. Very nicely done, my brother! I know, with every fiber of my being that your small victories will pile up in an amazingly speedy fashion. I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete