Thursday, October 24, 2013

Resources

I am very blessed. With the travel issues I experienced on my flights to and from England and a couple of other situations that have arisen this week, I realize just how many resources I have at my disposal. Yes, a lot of this is due to being blessed. But a great deal of that has to do with hard work and good choices. Karl is the master of taking care to watch pennies and he is also the king of hard work. He balances this lazy soul well! Because of the work we did early in our marriage and family, we have opportunities and resources now that are often a true godsend. The more I pondered this the other day when I found that I had to fall back on some little utilized, but still available, resources the more I realized that it really is true that the harder you work and the more resources you build, the more it snowballs and the more become available. I know that you are likely all saying "Duh" right now, but this was a real revelation to me. I am now grateful for the hard work and sacrifice that we have made through the years that now allow us to have resources for both ourselves and to offer to others. In fact, I am exceedingly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment