Saturday, September 4, 2010

Being a mommy means being a queen

So...another friend blogged just the other day about what each of might call our mission. He listed being a mom. Right now I am working towards that mission. Poor little Seviah started throwing up about two hours ago. It is now nearing 1 AM and she shows no signs of stopping. She is sleeping right now, but she is still moaning in her sleep, so I know that we are not finished. I know is sounds crazy, but I love being a mom at times like this. When it is just the two of you and they totally and completely want you beside them. And you just find yourself reading aloud to them or showing them silly videos on youtube or dorks.com just to take their mind off of their aches and pains. And then they draw you a picture and you are a queen in that picture and you are wearing a crown. And you do feel like a queen. You truly do. You don't smell like a queen , you don't look like a queen and you are getting pretty loopy as the night wears on, but you are a queen.

The remainder of this holiday weekend was supposed to be filled with a variety of friends coming around for barbeques and badminton and horseshoes. I am thinking now that the remainder of the weekend will be spent being a mommy instead. I am okay with that. The other kids will not be happy, but we will make the best of it. I also am thinking that I will not be attending church tomorrow...well...later today. So...me and Seviah will play scripture games and be silly and stay in our jammies.

Yep, a woman can even be a queen in her jammies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment