Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hike with children







WOOT! My first glimpse of Indian Paintbrush this year. The other photos are of the view from the top of the mountain, a tree that was growing sideways, while its major branches grew straight up and totally fascinated Malachi, and my hiking companions.
Despite the numerous mosquitoes, we had a great time together. We gave up on the picnic idea, much to Seviah's chagrin, because if we stopped moving, the bugs became unbearable, especially for poor Malachi.
I do not mind "exercising" if it means being with my kids and so I will have to take this approach more often. Because I am struggling to see the purpose for exercising for exercise sake. Seems stupid and pointless and a waste of time. But if it means being with someone I love, I can get on board. In case you couldn't tell, I am in a mood, of late. Even more ornery where food is concerned. I just eat what I want, so there. Is it really suicide, if one eats oneself to death? Sounds like a perfect plan!



2 comments:

  1. I guess there are different meanings for the word "perfect". The perfect crime, in which one evades earthly justice, but faces The Court in the end, etc. But good for hiking.

    ReplyDelete