Tuesday, May 21, 2013

One of THOSE moments

It doesn't happen very often, but every once in awhile we got one of those extra special moments when we know that God is real and that he is aware of us. This just happened to me and I am so grateful. It has been a long day and I should have gone to bed but the water was calling me and so I donned a suit and headed out the pool alone to soak off the day's stickiness. I did a few exercises and such and then I just stretched out and floated and as I looked up, I saw the gorgeous moon (I believe that it is no accident that Cynthia means "moon goddess") and she was looking down at me through the spokes of the screened covering which looks remarkably like a gorgeous spiderweb when viewed looking up from below (and you all know how much spiders mean to me) and the heavy, gorgeous scent of the neighboring orange grove was wafting over me and there was this intense and weighty sense of anticipation. But, anticipation of what? And then...it happened. As I floated there, almost breathless, a wee cloud floated in and took just the right position and formed the most incredible rainbow corona around the moon and there it was, there was the moment. There was that undeniable and completely encompassing sense of wholeness, peace and love. Like the entire multiverse was giving me a hug and just everything loves me and I love it all right back. And then, after I caught my breath, I suddenly realized that I was crying. Not weeping, just leaking. And I was complete and worthy and whole and it has been a long time since I felt one of those moments. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment